Back in the day, colonial kids noted down their lessons using a simple wooden hornbook. Likewise, Albert Einstein was taught his ABCs using chalk and a blackboard. From this, it is evident that each generation has learned from the technology it was given. Despite the astonishing advances in modern technology, educational technology still struggles to find its way into today’s classrooms. This could be mainly because of the near-crippling budgets and shortage of teachers in schools. But it is essential that we implement technology into our classrooms. Here are a few noteworthy benefits of using technology in the education sector:
- Modern technology allows students to take ownership of their education
With various devices at our fingertips and robust Wi-Fi available across, students now have no reason not to find any given information immediately. This allows students to participate in their learning actively, helping them understand that the responsibility of their learning isn’t just on teachers.
- Automates tedious tasks
Teaching, as a profession, includes many time-consuming tasks such as grading students, tracking their performance and answering their questions. Now, many technological tools such as Top Hat can automate many of these tasks allowing teachers to focus on higher priority tasks.
- Deeper Understanding of Concepts
Exploring the internet about a topic goes far beyond the traditional method of chalk and talk. This type of activity makes learning fun and helps students gain deeper insights into topics. Topics such as angular momentum and gravitational force are something that we cannot see but can only feel. To fully comprehend concepts like these, plenty of research and reading is required. Searching “What is angular momentum” on the internet, presents you with myriads of educational resources with great visuals and activities that help you understand the topic better.
- Improves Retention of Information
Several surveys point out to the fact that students retain information better when technology is used in their learning process.
These were a few benefits of using technology in the education sector. Simply put, educational technology not only makes a teacher’s job easier but also makes learning easier and more fun. It increases productivity, cuts down educational cost and also boosts learning.
To know how technology can make learning more efficient, subscribe to BYJU’S YouTube channel and learn different science concepts such as the instantaneous speed, SI unit of electric flux and many more effectively from the engaging video lessons.
Couples of the benefits of Reading reference books In Hi-technology Classroom
- A portion of the NCERT course books gives just shallow data. In such circumstances, reference books can be helpful as they can conquer any hindrance among brief and extensive.
- Reference books have a decent measure of inquiries for the understudies to rehearse and ace at any subject or point. For eg: Students of Class 9 CBSE board can allude to RS Aggarwal Solution Class 9 for clearing their questions or ideas.
- For simpler ideas, NCERT books are valuable. Be that as it may, for learning troublesome themes, reference books are proposed.
- Understudies must experience reference books to increase extra bits of knowledge which are most certainly not normally gave in NCERT books.
- Reference books can give a more extensive point of view on different ideas and themes.