How can I put this succinctly?
1. Our wifi router was out all day, at least when I was home.
2. I got brilliant idea to replace it.
3. I got it working.
4. I moved it to another room and re-assembled the network.
5. Three hours and two tech-support calls later, I gave up and put it all back in the box.
6. On a whim, I tried re-assembling the old one. It worked.
So yes, great, happy ending, we have internet again. And I’m just about over the combination of shame of having called tech support and frustration that no one at tech support knows more than I do, so it was no help.
But now I’m in absolutely no mood to look at a computer, much less work. And yet I have a column and a podcast due — both of which I’d hoped to finish during the three hours I was *ahem* otherwise engaged.
I’m thinking such bad words right now.